We hadn’t anticipated anyone sweetening the pot on their auctions, but Andrew Vestal upped the stakes on his already-popular Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater auction (original blog post here) with the following:
It’s true that Play For Japan is about raising money for Japan in the aftermath of the recent earthquake and tsunami. However, it’s ALSO about proving that Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater is better than Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty! That’s why I’ve decided to kick this auction up a notch by adding a score of exclusive, never-before-seen Metal Gear Solid 3 promotional items.
The following press-only items have been added to this auction. Several of these items were never given out in the US/Europe and were only available at the Metal Gear Solid 3 Premium Preview Event held in 2004 in Roppongi Hills.
- Konami Japan Marketing Envelope
- MGS3 GameTSUTAYA Original Starter Book
- MGS3 Press Release
- MGS3 Premium Preview Program
- MGS3 Premium Preview Invitation (standard printout)
- MGS3 Promotional Postcards: CalorieMate (x2) and Standard (x1)
- MGS3 Promotional Sticker
- MGS3 45 Press Kit: Includes plastic protector sleeve, cardboard jacket, interior paper sleeve with “KOBRA” written in Cyrillic text, and a 45 record-shaped booklet detailing the members of Cobra Unit.
- MGS3 LP Press Kit: Standard LP dimensions, suitable for framing. Includes gatefold cardboard jacket, interior cardboard sleeve with white reptile texture, glossy paper inserts (x2) and LP-shaped cardboard shell containing a media CD. This is the Japanese-language version of this kit.
“Better than?” We’re not taking a side on this one. But still: Sam Kennedy, the gauntlet has been thrown down.